We are so pleased to be able to re-open Ordsall Hall again following closure of the venue due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Respecting the latest government guidelines, from Tuesday 18 May 2021 the full venue will be reopening but the visitor experience will be a little different to what it was pre-covid. Visitor safety will be at the core of our operation. We can summarise these changes as follows:
The venue will be open Monday and Tuesday from 10am-4pm and Sunday from 1pm-4pm.
Our Museum shop & café and formal gardens will be free entry for walk up visitors during these days, however you will need to pre-book if you would like to visit the Hall’s heritage spaces and museum galleries.
You will be asked to check-in when using the shop & café as a walk up, either via the Gov app or contact details noted by the venue. These will only be used for Track & Trace purposes.
We are currently operating in line with current government guidance of 6 persons or 2 households for the café service.
For the tours, the max size we can accept is 6 persons multi household or 8 persons per tour from a max of 2 households, due to room size restrictions.
- Pre-booked Historic Guided Tours will be available every Monday.
- Pre-booked Tudor Witchcraft and Superstition Tours will be available every Tuesday.
- Tours will be stewarded by a member of staff, and last around 1 hour. They will take in most historic rooms of the Hall. Tours will be exclusive to the booker and their party. Current government guidance is for up to 6 persons or 2 households of any size can mix, socially distanced, in any setting, up to a maximum of 8 persons, which is the limit for our room sizes. It is visitors’ responsibility to ensure that tour parties are composed of either their own household or a ‘bubble’ of their own, plus one other, household.
- On Sundays, you will have the option to book either a chargeable historical guided tour or to book a more casual complimentary stewarded show round of the historic spaces.
- We will be offering a more family friendly stewarded show round every Sunday at 1pm, which you can book for free for your bubble. Book a Family Friendly Show round on a Sunday.
Historic Tours are £3.50. Stewarded Show rounds are complimentary, but we would be grateful for on the day donations which will go towards the upkeep of Ordsall Hall.
- The car park will be open during our operational hours and can be paid for via phone app or cash on arrival.
- Visitor flow will be different with clearly marked entrance and exit points in order to maintain social distancing.
- 2 metre queuing space will be marked out on the path leading up to the main door.
- There will be on accessible toilets and baby changing facilities will be open and available for visitor use in the reception area.
- Staff will be located behind perspex screens in the reception and café areas.
- We ask that masks are worn whilst moving around the venue, but can be taken off whilst seated in the café.
- Visitors will be able to touch some of the items in our interactive exhibition about the Hall that is housed in the Frederic Shields Gallery. In all other areas, most items will not be available to handle and dressing up is currently not permitted.
- Hand sanitising stations will be set up in key areas of the Hall.
- There are socially distanced picnic tables in the orchard where visitors are welcome to sit with their picnics and drinks.
- We politely ask that, where possible, you take your rubbish home with you.
We can’t wait to welcome visitors, old and new, back to Ordsall Hall. See you again soon!